TOTALLY had an awesome night tonight.
it was the last AIA [athletes in action] meeting at UCBerkeley this school year and it was great hearing everyone share about how much AIA and having fellowship and God in that setting has changed their lives......
For me, I met new people [Kathryn! ], ate lots of desserts and got to share what AIA means to me....
My first year at college has not been smooth.
It has not been easy.
It has not always been fun.
I have not always remembered God.
The middle of first semester at SMC stuff began to unravel. My life, like a frayed rope, began unraveling before my very eyes. And through it all I tried to pretend I didnt see, didnt notice. I knew I needed to change a lot of things in my life but I lied to myself and said that if I just ignored it, it would all go away. How very wrong I was.
Before SMC I had been very strong in my faith. Active in church, I was sometimes at Good Sam more than the pastor and rarely missed a friday night with SJ 1st UMC or a bible study night with my guys at Ginny's house. When I came to SMC I became immersed in crew and as rowing took over my life, God got shoved to the back burner.
I didnt realize the huge gaping wound that left in my heart until months later. I quit crew, as fall season came to a close and finally began to look for a place where I would belong. Without my rowing life, I was left with no group, no place at SMC where I felt I truly fit in.
I heard through a friend's roommate that one of my crew friends, who had quit right around the time I did, was starting a weekly bible study. Excited, I showed up for the first one and realized, this is where I belong. A few crew girls and a few others made up the small but wonderful bible study group that single handedly made me decide to
a) stay at St. Marys
b) enjoy my time at SMC
c) restart my relationship with Christ.
and with that, things started coming together. I started trying to find a sunday church, I went to the weekly bible studies, I made new/better friends, and I started going to AIA, Cal [Berkeley's] Athlete In Action Christian fellowship group.
Things didnt become peachy keen overnight. But piece by piece my life began to fit back together. I was happy. I belonged. God loved me.
Not too long after, I learned about a wonderful opportunity to work with NoonDaySun, which I will be participating in this summer, traveling to Washington and working with them, traveling and selling merchandise. The list of doors and windows God has opened up could go on and on.
I simply cannot explain all that God has done in my life.
God, I cannot thank you enough. I cannot praise you enough.
You saw me reach the end of my rope, you saw me fall on my knees. And when I couldnt go any farther, you opened your arms and welcomed me home.
I love you
"So take me as you find me
All my fears and failures
Fill my life again
I give my life to follow
Everything I believe in
Now I surrender "
~"Mighty to Save" by Michael W. Smith
<3
The Parable of the Lost Son
Luke 15: 20 & 24
20 So he got up and went to his father.
"But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and was filled with compassion for him; he ran to his son, threw his arms around him and kissed him.
24 For this son of mine was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.' So they began to celebrate.
"She Walked Away" by Barlow Girl
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
Dear God, it's me again down here...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
"I knew I needed to change a lot of things in my life but I lied to myself and said that if I just ignored it, it would all go away. How very wrong I was."
you understand.
i'm not at the point where i see that it's wrong.
Post a Comment