.expand { display: inline; } .collapse { display: none; }

Friday, May 8, 2009

Let this be a holy moment now....

Last night was an interesting night.

It was late and I had a bunch of homework to do. I finally made it to bed at 12:30am (early for me!) and as I lay down exhaustion overwhelmed me. I was tired, hurt by a bunch of little comments made by people who don't know me, actions etc that should not have bothered me so and very confused about everything.
There has been a lot of conversation about life lately. What I want to do, where I want to work, how much I might make and on and on and on and on. This is all a by-product of Fall 2009 class registration. Because afterall, you must have a major. You must have everything planned out for the rest of your life.
And so, last night, all of those thoughts and worries and confusion and tiredness and everything else under the sun were flying through my head.
And, I'm not going to lie, some tears flowed. But then a song blasted in my ears and I just stopped. It was "Good Girl" by ZoeGirl. Suddenly everything became clear. It was a God moment. As I lay in bed it was like God just held up a stop sign and was like, hush, listen. And I suddenly thought of that bible verse...

“I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. (Jeremiah 29:11)”

And i realized, every little thing is going to be alright :)

"I live my life between the fire and the flame
I’ve built my house where the ocean meets the land...
Every little thing is gonna be alright...."
"Every Little Thing" by Delirious?

Hehe....no but really, I realized that God has a plan for my life and that I can't control every little thing and it's alright that way.
I also realized a lot more about myself. I have morals, opinions, ideas etc that I've always had. This past year i've sometimes tried to hide them, keep them quiet, not offend anyone.

"I'm sorry I cared about my name more than Yours
I'm so sorry how could I hide You anymore
but if I keep quiet they'll never see I'm different"
"Keep Quiet" by BarlowGirl

Why? I am me. I know exactly what kind of girl I am.

"You've seen a lot of things
You're the keeper of many dreams
You've got everything it takes
To stay strong, carry on..."
~"Good Girl" by ZoeGirl

I have morals. I have opinions. I have promises I've made to God that are more powerful than the garbage that surrounds me.

"Garbage in, garbage out, what goes in is found out"
"Garbage In" by Tal and Acacia

So yah. That's kinda where I am right now. I'm excited to make some changes and especially excited to come back to SMC next year and make things different. I'm stronger now.

<3 Lauren-michelle

1 comments:

freshman said...

i see why you never came back on.
i wish you'd told me what was going on, i wish i had asked (mistake on my behalf but i haven't talked to anyone much this week).
huh lme, what did i tell you? I'M your mirror, just listen to me, i'll tell you the truth :D
but i'm glad you've figured somethings out and are planning on changing it. I guess you're teaching me how to change what you're not happy with in life, thru example....maybe i'll learn someday ;)
my turn to say it :D: chin up, you can do it tiger :P
hehe
i love you <3