
Spider Traps….
What the heck are spider traps you might ask….well, youre lucky you don’t know. I had no idea what they were until Wednesday night, in Omak WA. The lady’s house we stayed at was nice but we stayed in the basement which had recently been remodeled. Well, those of you who know me well know that I have intense arachnaphobia. Like, seriously, spiders creep the heck out of me. So, in this house, in every SINGLE ROOM, were spider traps. 4 by 6 pieces of white sticky pads to which LOTS of SPIDERS were stuck to. In my bedroom, maybe 20 spiders on that one trap. Tiff’s room’s trap had even BIGGER SPIDERS. I almost started like hypervenhilating. Anyways, I had no choice, I had to sleep there. So I gathered all my stuff, even my shoes and zipped it into my duffle bag, except for my iPod. I shook out the sheets, crawled underneath, placed my bag on my bed and lay my head down on my own pillow, blasting music into my ears in an attempt to drown out thoughts about spiders eating me in the middle of the night. Yeah all the spiders on the traps were dead but where there were dead spiders, there must have been live ones, right?! Needless to say, I didn’t sleep much that night.
Thursday – show day
The next morning we woke up, got ready, made the required trip to starbucks and spotted California rock roses growing on the side of a shopping center (random, I know) Then we went to the park, set up, soundchecked, hung out for a bit, played a pretty bomb (awesome) show, hurridly packed up again and took off for home. We got back in Yelm, WA at about 11pm…..all in all, a pretty great day! :D
Friday and Saturday were relax days and today (Sunday) was church and then chilling and discussing ideas for the new merch table layout.
Tomorrow Lisa (the manager) goes to the doctor to hopefully get her knee fixed ( I forget whats wrong….) but prayers for that!
Until next time…..
<3
Sunday, June 14, 2009
Omak and recent events....
at 7:55 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Random story.
you know i'm really arachnaphobic as well. so one day i was in moreno's class, and we had a sub, so it was more pointless than usual. the sub didn't know what to have us do so we just stared at the wall for 45 min. I was bored so i put my leg crisscrossed under the desk. five min. later i feel something crawling up and this big ass spider was crawling towards me. i was screaming my head off and jumping up in down (granted, i looked absolutely ridiculous, especially since my class is full of druggies and posers so they thought i was crazy). some how the spider gets off of me but it gets on my backpack and i'm screaming to get it off. the guy next to me luckily smashed it with his foot, but it was disgusting. yup, i knkow, really random :P
Post a Comment