.expand { display: inline; } .collapse { display: none; }

Friday, June 12, 2009

Let's pack up and start again...



[title is from "36 days" by Hawk Nelson]

General…the usual….my life.
The day started out with the usual
- Loud alarm
- Shower
- Cup of coffee & facebook/yahoo/check airfares

Good news: I bought my airline ticket from SEA to PIT AND it’s on July 2nd!!!!!
Bad news: Airlines are stupid and charge inflated prices for a seat in their stupid airplane. You know, I might travel more if it was a tad more affordable. Jeeze
In the end: I was super super happy cause I love the dates the flights are and I get to go to Canadohta which I LOVELOVELOVELOVELOVE!!!!! :D


MY TRIP TO OMAK, WASHINGTON!!

PACKING!
So then I threw a few things into my Jansport bag cause we left for Omak, WA today. You know, clothes, makeup, all the essentials :D

On The Road…
We left for Omak, WA at like 5pm…we were supposed to leave at 4 pm but church directory pictures that the family had to be at ran a bit over so everyone was running a bit late due to the need to change into comfy van clothes, bring their dogs to the dog sitters etc…. But once we finally got on the road it was pretty smooth sailing. I had my Macbook, IPod, Phone and trail mix to keep me company :D.

What's it like?
Well....there are 5 rows in the van. I'll break it down by row
Sean drives - Cherie talks :)
Jonah plays with toys, playdough, reads and watches movies/tv shows like Sesame Street - Lisa plays with him or reads
Crystal watches movies, tv shows, naps, talks on her phone or looks at horses out the window :D
I listen to music, watch tv shows, movies, talk on the phone, take pictures, blog or sleep
Tiffiny watches movies, tv shows, listens to music or looks at horses - ditto on Jacob. and they both talk.
[and Tiffiny makes crazy scary sounds out of nowhere that scare you to death :D ]
did I paint a nice picture for you?


Dinner
We stopped in North Bend, Washington for dinner where the band ate at McDonalds. I didn’t eat there because like 6 years ago I made a new years resolution not to eat there or support McDonalds in any way and I haven’t since. You have to pick your battles in life, that’s one of mine. Anyways, after McD’s, some people ran to Safeway to buy movies, grab a 7-up for the curvy mountain roads etc while the rest of us went to Starbucks. I got an Orange Mango Banana Vivano, per Crystal’s recommendation and which I would recommend to anyone who likes those flavors and smoothies. It’s actually pretty healthy for you at just over 200 calories and it has a whole banana, along with protein powder in it. I absolutely loved it. I also got a Roasted Tomato and Mozzarella sandwich for my dinner and it was absolutely delish! It must have been my lucky day because that Starbucks was sampling whole, glazed, old-fashioned doughnut so I got one of those free too!
We also stopped in Cashmere, WA for a rest-stop

Entertainment on the road….
MOVIES!
Ok so I stole the movie The Secret Life of Bees after Tiff and Jacob finished watching it and ohmygoodness was it a fabulous movie! The way the characters were captured, the storyline, everything about it was simply amazing! Seriously, if you haven’t seen it yet, go check it out!

ANIMALS!
I saw a few elk while we were on the road. We had to stop and wait for one to cross in front of us once and it joined a friend on the other side of the road, stopping then running up the hill together. Cherie exclaims (narrating for the elk) , “ Dude, you almost got hit, that was awesome! You could have died!” in like a manly (elk?) accent. Well it might not be an easy feat but the elk did survive!
Oh, and I saw buffalo!


The adventures of my trip to Omak are to be continued…

1 comments:

Emily said...

Wow. It sounds like you're having a fantastic time and keeping way busy.
I love reading about it.