.expand { display: inline; } .collapse { display: none; }

Friday, May 29, 2009

Yelm, WA - Day 1


So much to say, where do I begin? Ok, I will try to go in sequential order and attempt not to leave anything out....

- Fly on Southwest: SJC to SEA
The flight was uneventful, which, for a flight, is always good :) We even arrived early! I loved flying and getting a chance to look at all the wonderful arial views, simply spectacular. Sometimes, when life seems crazy and overwhelming, it is views like that that really refocus me.

-Meet Lisa and Tiffiny!
So, after getting my bag from the carousel, I ventured outside to wait for Lisa and Tiffiny. I was really nervous about meeting them, and I can't exactly say why, as I am not a shy person but I am always afraid people wont/dont like me. Luckily, my roommate was very encouraging (via text) and as soon as I met them I was at ease. They are definitely awesome people and this was the start of a wonderful adventure! I got to hear a million stories ( too many to relay here) and even hear about how they almost didnt make it to pick me up (gotta love tire problems). The car-ride to Yelm, WA was actually really chill and a great chance for me to become comfortable :D

- Starbucks
I dropped off my stuff at the Baldwin residence, grabbed the basics (id, money, jacket) and headed off with Tiffiny to Starbucks to meet back up with Lisa and meet Cherie, Crystal, Jonah, Jacob and [insert Crystal's friend's name here....Jackie? ] I quickly learned that almost everyone (like with one or two exceptions) works at Starbucks and loves to tell stories. I had a great time meeting all of them and really enjoyed the coffee & chat :D

-Tour of the town
Once we had finished the Starbucks gathering, Tiffiny and I headed to Safeway and for a mini-tour of the town. [ I feel like we did something else but I cant think of it right now, the day is kind of a blur] I got to see her sister's houses and a bit more of Yelm.

- Dinner
Me, Tiffiny, Lisa, Jacob, Cherie, Jackie? and the dogs all met at the Baldwin residence for dinner! [TIFFINY AND I BAKED THE MOST AWESOME CAKE IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD.] Can I also just say that the dogs are hilarious and provide ongoing entertainment. :D Melissa and [insert name.....] also came over afterwards to say hi!

-Movie! [Ghosts of Girlfriends Past]
Crystal, Jackie?, Jacob, Tiffiny and I went to go watch a movie. More on this later because I am tired and need sleep....

to be continued....


<3

0 comments: