.expand { display: inline; } .collapse { display: none; }

Saturday, May 9, 2009

What do we do then?

"...with tragedy around the bend?

We live, we love, we forgive and never give up
Cuz the days we are given are gifts from above
And today we remember to live and to love
...
what would it take for the clouds to break
For us to realize each day
Is a gift somehow, someway
...
And tragedy's a reminder to take off the blinders and wake up
(to live the life)
We're supposed to take up
(moving forward)
With all our heads up
Cuz life is worth living
...
We live, we love, we forgive and never give up
Cuz the days we are given are gifts from above
And today we remember to live and to love "
~"We Live" by Superchick


When I heard the tragic news about the passing of Bob Mead I just sat and stared at my computer, unmoving. Finally, with tears streaming down my face, I turned to the first form of comfort I thought of, music. I opened my iTunes with one song in mind. "We Live" by Superchick
I hit play and as I struggled to understand reality, I absorbed the words of that wonderful song.

Now, almost 24 hours later, the news has still not quite sunk in. Will I really not see him tomorrow morning in church?

I know most of you who read this blog have no idea who Bob Mead is. Let me attempt to tell you snippets about the Bob Mead I knew.
Bob Mead was....
a) the first person I knew with a MacBook. He was pretty darn awesome with that computer. At every Lay Leadership meeting he had his charts, files and spreadsheets organized, ready to add to someone's contact info, update a group's description or email us reminders about our part of the phone tree.
b) funny. He was a cheerful guy with a smile that lit up his whole face. He didn't just smile with his mouth, he glowed.
c) caring. Last Sunday after church we were talking and he was more concerned with my slightly injured foot than he was about his hip replacement. He promised to pray for me.
d) loving. of his family. both blood and church. of everyone.

Bob, you will be sorely missed.


CMDR Robert J. Mead March 8, 1922 - May 6, 2009 Beloved husband of Elizabeth Van Rensselaer Mead (02/12/1924-12/02/2001). Loving father of James L. Mead and Janet M. Wickeraad. Grandfather of Christina and Kelly Mead and Bonnie, David and Kara Wickeraad. Predeceased by his parents Carl A. and Ethel W. Mead and siblings Elizabeth and Langdon Mead. Native of NY. Ret. CMDR USN. Service on 5/11 at 2:00 p.m., Good Samaritan United Methodist Church, 19624 Homestead Rd, Cupertino. Interment at San Joaquin National Cemetery.



<3

0 comments: